Nestled along the gorgeous St. Johns River in Downtown Jacksonville, The Jacksonville Landing is home to year-round entertainment, a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall all of which are sure to complete an afternoon or evening of fun. For more than 25 years, The Jacksonville Landing has been the spot to stop in downtown Jacksonville.
The Landing hosts more than 600 events each year including Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, New Year’s Eve and TaxSlayer Bowl Celebrations, St. Patrick’s Day and July 4th. Weekly events include live weekend entertainment in the center courtyard offering a variety of music including classic rock, oldies, contemporary, jazz, and top 40. The Landing also hosts a myriad of events for the community such as charity walks and runs and the Earth Day Celebration. There is always something going on at The Jacksonville Landing, and a complete list of all Landing events can be found in the events section. All Landing events are brought to you by Sleiman Enterprises.
Restaurants at The Landing provide a great view of the gorgeous St. Johns River. Visiting each restaurant is like experiencing a different cuisine and a different atmosphere each time you make your way to Downtown Jacksonville. All of the restaurants are open seven-days-a-week for lunch and dinner. The Landing is also home to Mavericks Live, a nightclub which offers a variety of late-night entertainment plus national concert acts for a fun night full of dancing and good times.
The Jacksonville Landing is a proud affiliate of Sleiman Enterprises
- The Jacksonville Landing was built by the Rouse Company and opened on June 25, 1987. The Rouse Company, now owned by General Growth, Inc., also built other festival marketplaces like Harborplace in Baltimore, MD and Bayside Marketplace in Miami, FL.
- The Jacksonville Landing was bought by Sleiman Enterprises in 2003.
- All free Landing events including live music every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Summer Fireworks and Concert series, Yappy Hour, Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, and more are paid for by Sleiman Enterprises and The Jacksonville Landing.
- The Landing has 126,000-square-feet of space and is a U-shaped pavilion on nine acres fronting the St. Johns River.
- Happy Landing Liquor Store and Bar is the only liquor store downtown!
- The Jacksonville Landing is home to Yappy Hour – it’s a FREE dog happy hour for dogs, their parents and dog lovers. The event is held three times in the Spring and three times in the Fall and features holiday themed contests, giveaways, dog-friendly vendors and tail-waggin’ fun!
- The Landing’s Christmas Tree is the tallest in Jacksonville, the 56-foot-tall energy-efficient Christmas tree features over 78,000 L.E.D. lights and more than 150 ornaments.
- The Food Court is actually called the Founders Food Hall and displays 17 silhouettes recognizing people who had a role in the settlement of the area.
- A statue of Jacksonville’s namesake, Andrew Jackson sits on the round-a-bout in front of The Landing and was dedicated on June 27, 1987 by then Florida Congressman Charles Bennett and Mayor Jake Godbold.
- Four of The Landing’s tenants have been here since The Landing opened in 1987.
- The Landing has over 1,000 feet of City of Jacksonville dock space available for public use.
- The Jacksonville Landing is a stop on the St. Johns River Taxi, more info on boat rides here.